Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ironman Canada 2010-August 29th

It's been 2 weeks since Meyrick and I completed Ironman Canada in Penticton. Meyrick his first Ironman and I, my 12th. I envy those who complete their first Ironman distance triathlon. While completing this distance always gives me a great sense of accomplishment, it is never quite like the first one. When you are never quite sure if you can do it. It must have been especially satisfying for Meyrick as he had spent the night in hospital 4 days before the race with a fever over 102 and unable to get hydrated. However he gutted it out and completed his first Tronman, Congratulations Meyrick. Also this was the first time two para triathletes had teamed up to tackle the Ironman. If you didn't know already. Meyrick is a below the knee amputee. You may think calling this Meyrick's "first" a little presumptuous,(assuming there would be a second or third....) but we have already signed up to do it again next year. Besides I am not sure anyone can do this race only once. I can be addicting (speaking from experience). I love this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment